The popularity of TVs without smart functions is falling extremely fast. It is not surprising, because every user wants to watch movies online and, if necessary, visit their favorite websites. However, this does not mean that you need to run to the electronics supermarket and buy expensive “smart” equipment.
To get started, learn how to connect iPhone to TV. Such synchronization significantly improves the functionality of the most ordinary TV:
- Internet surfing;
- media content playback in online mode;
- video calls via Skype and other similar programs;
- holding presentations on the big screen.
This is just a short list of opportunities that you will have after connecting a TV device to a mobile phone. There are several popular ways to achieve the task. Let`s consider each of them to determine the most effective.
4 ways to connect iPhone to TV
How to connect via Wi-Fi?
Modern TV models are equipped with a Smart platform, so they can connect to the Internet without additional devices via cable or via Wi-Fi, which can be used to play media content from a smartphone to a TV.
It is worth noting that this method remains one of the most practical, because you can do without connecting wires. Also, there is no need to use additional devices.
Connect iPhone to TV as follows:
- There is already a router and a Wi-Fi network, then simply connect smartphone and TV to the home network.
- If there is no home Wi-Fi network, you can use Wi-Fi Direct function. It allows you to connect devices via Wi-Fi without a router. True, not all TV models support it. Activation is carried out in different ways, depending on the TV model. Often you need to go to the “Applications” section and activate the “Wi-Fi Direct” mode. The TV will show the name of the Wi-Fi network to which you need to connect your iPhone XS Max and the password to connect.
When the preparatory work is done, you can connect iPhone to TV:
1. On iPhone, launch the application for playing media content on TV. For example, you can use the following programs: iMediaShare, Belkin MediaPlay. You can download the software from the Apple Store.
2. Managing software is much easier than it might seem at first glance. Simply select the file for subsequent broadcast on the big screen. An intuitive application interface is a guarantee that you will not have any difficulties.
In case you failed to connect your mobile phone to TV equipment via Wi-Fi, use the Google Chromecast device – this is a compact adapter that visually resembles a USB flash drive that you need to plug into the HDMI connector. With it, you can significantly simplify the configuration of the wireless connection with different models of TVs.
How to connect via HDMI cable?
The most popular digital interface today is HDMI, which allows you to synchronize various devices. The advantage of this cable is that it allows you to transmit a digital signal of the highest quality. Therefore, if you plan to watch video in Full HD format, then connect TV via HDMI.
Connecting iPhone XS to TV on this principle will be somewhat problematic, since Apple gadgets are equipped with a proprietary Lightning interface. However, you can easily solve all this by purchasing an adapter Digital AV or MiraScreen.
How to connect iPhone to TV via HDMI? To set up media playback on the big screen, follow these simple step-by-step instructions:
1. Connect pre-purchased adapter to the smartphone.
2. Insert one end of the HDMI cable into the adapter.
3. Connect the second end of the cable to the TV by inserting a wire into the appropriate connector. Absolutely all modern models are equipped with such an interface, regardless of the manufacturer.
4. Now you need to select the signal source. To do this, go to the menu and select the appropriate section of settings. You can also launch this parameter by pressing the button on the remote control (usually “Source”). Be careful, many TVs are equipped with several HDMI connectors. Next to the connector itself, the small font usually indicates its number – select it in the TV menu.
5. After these actions, the connection will be completed. If you have an iPhone 4 or an older model, then instead of the display, you will see only labels for playing video, audio and photos. However, this will not prevent you from watching your favorite movie or listening to music.
How to connect via USB cable?
Without any doubt, USB cable remains the most versatile solution that allows you to synchronize your phone and TV. The main advantage of this interface is its popularity, all devices have such connector. Therefore, you can easily connect iPhone to TV using USB cable.
How to connect via Apple TV?
This is one more way to synchronize smartphone and TV wirelessly. However, it will only be possible if you have previously purchased an Apple TV console. Before you start the synchronization, be sure to install the latest updates of the iOS operating system, otherwise there may be problems with the connection.
Connecting iPhone to TV is a simple procedure that every user can handle. Simply connect the connectors with a cable. Special programs for connecting iPhone are not required. You just need to open the main menu on the TV and select the signal source.