When you borrow your Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone from your friend, you may not want him or her to know what you were searching on the internet. We at Mr Fix Cell Phone & Computer Repair value your privacy, and we suggest that you follow the steps below to clean up the search history and other browser data on your Samsung Galaxy S8.
Since Galaxy S8, just as other Samsung smartphones, has two browsers – the one provided by Google (Chrome) and the default Samsung browser – we’ll divide our tutorial into two sections.
Clear search history in the Samsung browser
Here are the steps you need to follow to remove the search requests and data in the default Samsung browser:
- Open the Samsung browser.
- Tap on the Menu icon (three dots in the top right corner of the screen).
- In the menu, swipe down to Settings and tap on this option.
- On the Settings window, tap on the Privacy (Manage privacy settings) option.
- Tap on Delete personal data.
- Select the data you want to remove on the Delete personal data window. You can remove the following information:
- Browser history.
- Cookies and website data.
- Stored passwords.
- Auto fill data such as your credentials or mailing addresses.
- Location access data.
- Tap on Delete to remove the data you selected. Tap on Cancel if you decide not to remove the browser data.
As we can see, removing all the browser data from the standard Samsung browser is quite easy. And if you want to delete any data in Chrome, consult with the section below.
Clear search history in Google Chrome
Removing browser data in Chrome on Samsung Galaxy S8 is very similar to the steps in the previous section. Here’s how you can delete data in Chrome:
- Open Chrome and tap on the Menu icon. The icon is located in the top right corner on the screen.
- Swipe to the bottom of the menu and tap on Settings.
- Swipe to the option Privacy and tap on it.
- Swipe to the very bottom of your screen and tap on the option Clear browsing data.
- Select the necessary tab:
- You can remove the standard data, which includes the browsing history, cookies, and cached images and files. Select the data you want to remove and tap on Clear data.
- You can remove any data that Chrome stores on your Galaxy S8 if you select the tab Advanced and select other data that you want to remove.
- Select the time period of the browser history that you want to delete: the last hour, day, week, month, or all the data.
- Tap on Clear data.
You’ll see the confirmation that the selected browser data was removed in the same tab. You can open again the browser and see that the old search history is no longer shown in the search results.
And here’s one more tip. Next time you borrow Samsung Galaxy S8 from your friend, you can select the Incognito mode in the browser to ensure that the search history won’t be created in the first place.